It's official, Haiti's highly competitive election is about to get seriously heated. Registration for presidential candidates starts on May 11 and ends on May 20.
So far eleven potential candidates have come forward to publicly declared their intention to replace President Michel Martelly at the National Palace on February 7, 2016.
So, today I bring you the top 11 Haiti election 2016 presidential candidates so far. Let's see who got the balls, the plans and the ideas to move Haiti forward.
1) Jacky LumarqueJacky Lumarque is the president of Quisqueya University. He is running for president under the banner of the political platform "Verite" according to a phone interview with the newspaper Le Nouvelliste.
2) Professor Sauveur Pierre EtienneProfessor Sauveur Pierre Etienne, a well-known Haitian politician received 63% of his party's votes to run for president in Haiti's 2016 election.
After his selection, he also received support of his two primary competitors: Edgard Le Blanc Son and Francisco de la Cruz. Professor Sauveur Pierre Etienne is running under the banner of political platform OPL.
3) Pierre-Louis OpontPierre-Louis Opont is the leader of the Electoral council of Haiti. His party selected him as their candidate for president.
4) Maryse Narcisse
Maryse Narcisse is running for president under the banner of the platform Fanmi Lavalas. She already received ex-president Jean Bertrand Aristide's support.
5) Jean Henry CéantJean-Henry Céant an active political leader is running for president. The leaders of his political organization, think he can win the presidential election and rule the country.
That is remained to be seen. Jean Henry Céant is running under the political platform Renmen Ayiti.
6) Moïse Jean-Charles
Moïse Jean Charles is one of the fiercest critics of the Martelly's administration. While he did not want to vote on the amendments to the electoral law, today he is ready to go to election.
How interesting? Moïse Jean-Charles is the presidential candidate for the political platform Pitit Desalin.
7) Edwin D'HaitiEdwin D'Haiti is the candidate for the political party MUDHAH. He currently facing a dual citizenship issue and that might be one of the main barrier for the sector he represents.
8) Charles Henry BakerCharles Henry Baker is running for president under the banner of political platform Respè. But because of nationality issue he is currently seeking 300,000 signatures across the country to support his candidacy for the presidency.
9) Jude Célestin
Jude Célestin, a protégé of former President Rene Preval at the last presidential election, is running for president. However things will be different this time around because he is not seeking support of his mentors. Instead he wants to prove he has grown up and wants to fly with his own wings.
Jude Célestin, is running under the banner of his own political party LAPEH (Ligue Alternative pour le Progrès et l’Emancipation Haïtienne).
10) Edmonde Supplice BeauzileEdmonde Supplice Beauzile is the presidential candidate for the political organization Fusion des Sociaux Démocrates. But she must wait for ratification from the National Council of the party.
So far the one thing that is working in favor of the former senator is the fact that she is the only person in the Fusion platform to declare her candidacy.
11) André Michel
André Michel is running for president under the banner of political platform JISTIS. After many unsuccessfully street demonstrations to demand the departure of Michel Martelly, André Michel, changes his strategy by putting his name on the ballot to replace the current head of state in February 2016.
So far these are the candidates we know for sure who claim they are running. But we expect many more to come forward in the next few days before the final registration date which is May 20, 2016.
SEE ALSO: top 5 most beautiful Haitian models
As of right now some political parties are waiting before announcing their champion for president while many other groups are working on making alliances.
What is certain, from May 11 to May 20, the country will know for sure the identity of all those who think they got the balls, the plan and ideas to move Haiti forward.
So, this was the top 11 Haiti election 2016 presidential candidates so far. We will add more as we gather more data. So come back later for the rest of the list.
Does your candidate make the list? If the election was held today, who would you vote for? Join me in the comments below.